Parking is first come, first serve basis at and around the festival site. The festival site is surrounded by privately owned businesses and private residential houses/condos.
These owners control the parking and parking fees on their property, not the Coastal Alabama Business Chamber, Annual National Shrimp Festival, or the City of Gulf Shores.
We strongly recommend festival attendees take advantage of the shuttle service.
ADA Accessible Lot
Those with disability access parking credentials can utilize our ADA lot located to the west side of Gulf Island Grill Restaurant (located at 244 E Beach Blvd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542). This lot can be accessed by traveling west on Beach Blvd in Gulf Shores. A security guard will be posted to allow those with proper credentials into the lot.
Also, two of shuttle stops (see list below) feature shuttles that are ADA accessible.
Our Shrimp Festival shuttle buses are operated by the City of Gulf Shores School System. Wristbands can be purchased at shuttle stops for $5 a day. These wristbands entitle the holder to unlimited rides to and from the festival grounds on the day of purchase.
NOTE: PER STATE LAW, CHILDREN UNDER 5 ARE NOT ALLOWED ON OUR SHUTTLE BUSES. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED WHEN PURCHASING SHUTTLE WRISTBANDS. CARDS ONLY, THANK YOU!
For a list of shuttle stops, see the map HERE.
• Pelican Place: 3800 Gulf Shores Pkwy. - ADA ACCESSIBLE SHUTTLE
• Erie Meyer Civic Center: 1930 West 2nd St.
• Waves Grocery: 1154 West Beach Blvd.
• Lake Shelby in Gulf State Park: 20115 AL-135
• Rouses Market: 25405 Perdido Beach Blvd. - ADA ACCESSIBLE SHUTTLE
• Thursday: 2:00 p.m. - 10:15 p.m.*
• Friday: 9:45 a.m. - 10:15 p.m.
• Saturday: 9:45 a.m. - 10:15 p.m.
• Sunday: 9:45 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
* NOTE: Our shuttle system is operated by Gulf Shores City Schools & their bus fleet. Thursday is an early dismissal day for students featuring normal operation of buses, hence the later shuttle start time. Students will have the next day off as a school holiday.
Road Closures, Detours, Etc.
• The West Gulf Place parking lot will close to the public beginning Monday, October 9, to be utilized for tent and food vendor setup.
• Highway 59 will be closed at 1st Avenue beginning Tuesday, October 10.
• Highway 182 (Gulf Beach Boulevard) will be closed to the public between East 1st Street and West 3rd Street, in front of Gulf Place Public Beach, beginning Tuesday, October 10.
• East Gulf Place (Resident Parking Lot) will be closed to the public beginning Thursday, October 12, and will be utilized as vendor parking and shuttle location.
• Eastbound traffic toward Orange Beach should consider using Highway 180 East or State Park Road Highway 135 as alternate routes